A number of junior hockey players had their games interrupted Sunday at Toyota Arena in Kennewick due to an ammonia leak.

Kennewick fire officials say the Toyota Arena next to the Toyota Center was evacuated Sunday afternoon after an ammonia detector went off.    Several hundred spectators and players were ushered outside, and the building opened up to clear the fumes and smell.

How much of the gas leaked is not yet known,  there were no reports of illness or injury. Investigators continue to search for the source of the leak as well.  No word was released if the games will be made up or continued.   The facility is the site of numerous hockey tournaments for teams of all ages almost year round.

The gas is used in the buildings heating and refrigeration system.