Mom, Child Narrowly Escape Kennewick House Fire
Kennewick fire officials say a house badly damaged by fire and smoke Tuesday morning likely had the blaze trigger in the kitchen area.
They didn't offer specifics but said the call came in around 7:05am, and the home was located at 15th and Fir.
The mother and child who were home woke up due to smoke, and saw flames. They were able to escape without injury. Firefighters said there was a broken window in the room there were at which might have been used to escape but unfortunately it let air into the home that fanned the flames.