‘Shocking!’ Brooklyn Man Electrocuted While Relieving Self on Electric Subway Tracks
He probably should have known better...
A 30-year-old man died after he stopped to relieve himself on subway tracks near the Broadway G Station stop in New York City.
Matthew Zeno and a friend were walking along beside the subway tracks near Union Station, said police, when Zeno stopped to urinate on the tracks. Authorities said he "inadvertantly" hit the electrified third rail that powers the trains, and was electrocuted. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but pronounced dead.
His friend attempted to assist him, but also suffered a debilitating shock. The incident occured prior to the morning rush-hour commute, and service was restored to the subway.