Contact Us

Snow Expected in Mid-Columbia – Drive Carefully! Check Our Website for School Closures

1-3 inches snow forecast, then freezing rain mix
(Photo by Teaukura Moetaua/Getty Images)

Not that we’re any strangers to it, but after numerous “false” reports, it’s actually happening.

The National Weather Service is reporting 30% chance of the white stuff increasing to 70% Thursday evening, with 1-3 inches expected.  Temps will be very cold, around 14 tonight with light North winds that will blow it around.

Visibility could be difficult in outlying areas, so drive carefully.  Winds expected around 8-10mph.  Friday, 20-30% chance of snow continuing into Saturday when it could be mixed with freezing rain with temps around 23 for the high, and 18 for the low.   We could get a mix of freezing rain Sunday with highs near 30.

Be sure to check out our website for weather updated hourly, and listen to Newstalk 870 for hourly updates.

And just because you think you can see the road underneath the blowing and swirling snow, remember we get that wonderful black ice.   Be careful!  AND be sure to check here on our website for potential school delays or closures.  Click on SCHOOL CLOSURES on the home page.  We get the official updated information straight from school officials without delays!

More from Newstalk 870

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newstalk870.am using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on Newstalk 870 KFLD: The Mid Columbia's Newstalk Leader quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on Newstalk 870 KFLD: The Mid Columbia's Newstalk Leader quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!