It's not always fun, raking up leaves and other fall yard debris. Seems like as soon as you do it, there they are...again!

But the West Richland Police Department shared this picture from a fire Monday that destroyed a shop. They were assisting Benton County Fire District #4 on this structure fire.

According to fire officials it appears the chimney or stovepipe ignited leaves and debris that had piled up against the building. By the time they knew it was on fire, the only thing that could be done was to get out fast. No one was injured, but the shop was a total loss.

Make sure you clean up the yard, even if you don't have 'hot' pipes or other combustible areas where they could catch. Same goes for the gutters, leaves can cause water (and later snow) to overflow and damage your roof and cause leaks.

More From 870 AM KFLD