Pasco Businesses Can Now Seek COVID Relief Grants
The Pasco City Council authorized the program back on July 6, now they're officially available.
Small Business COVID relief grants, which can pay up to $30K, can be applied for by Pasco area businesses. According to information released Monday by the city:
"These grants are funded by the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, as allocated to the Washington State Department of Commerce. Businesses meeting the criteria and located within the city limits of Pasco are eligible to apply."
Here's the criteria a business must meet, according to the City:
- A City of Pasco business license for a commercial location operating within the city limits
- For-profit small business consisting of 20 or fewer employees, including the owner(s)
- A US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Have experienced a drop in revenue as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- In operation for one year or longer
- Are not a national chain or franchise
- Have not received any other financial assistance in the form of grants, subsidized loans, insurance, or reimbursement
A little math reveals that if each business were to apply for the $30K max, it would help at least 33 businesses.
To find out more about applying for these assistance grants, click on the button below. (note--user must create an account then access information)