BBQ Used in Garage, Propane Tanks Bring Down Kennewick Home
Due to the heat, it appears a family's idea to use their BBQ inside their garage nearly turned deadly.
Fire crews were called to a home at 24th Loop and Olympia Streets early Thursday evening. They found a rapidly spreading structure fire, but the family was OK.
However, preliminary investigation shows someone was using the BBQ inside the garage, probably seeking protection from the heat and sun. That likely triggered the fire. Officials also think it was fueled by stored propane tanks in that area.
The family will be displaced for a number of days, although the garage was heavily damaged, the home is still intact. But it will have to be cleaned due to heavy smoke damage inside.