Around 7:30 AM Friday morning, Kennewick Fire Crews and Police were called to the Metro Mart on Columbia Drive for a report of a fire.

Officials say the Metro Mart at the corner of Columbia Drive and Gum Street had smoke coming from it, and they discovered a fire in the bathroom.

Fortunately, crews were able to confine it there, and although smoke entered the main building, the fire did not.

870 AM KFLD logo
Get our free mobile app

However, the outside corner of the building by the restroom did show some charred black siding, also from the smoke.

No one was injured, store officials say it should be able to re-open sometime later Friday.

Fire crews said it's under investigation, but did not say how it started or if it was intentional.


CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America


More From 870 AM KFLD