The Grant County Sheriff's office says a man was airlifted to a Northwest area burn center.

  Early Sunday morning, man suffers burns in gazebo fire

Around 1:30 AM,  GCSO Deputies and Grant County EMS were dispatched to a rural location a few miles west of Moses Lake for a report of a serious fire.

The location was in the 17000 block of Road B Northwest, when authorities arrived they found a gazebo engulfed in flames.

870 AM KFLD logo
Get our free mobile app

No specifics about how it began were released, but the GCSO says it appears the blaze was accelerated by propane. A male victim suffered life-threatening burns and was airlifted to a burn center for his injuries.

No update was available on his condition. It is not known what the man was doing in the gazebo. The investigation continues.


READ ON: Weird, wild UFO sightings from throughout history


More From 870 AM KFLD