Bizarre! Oregon House ‘Fire’ Turns Out to Be Theatrical Smoke Machine
Bend, Oregon, firefighters responding to multiple calls about a house on fire found instead the occupants had left a smoke generating machine turned on!
Fire Officials said no one was home when they arrived, and the clouds billowing from the home were from a theatrical smoke-generating machine that had apparently not been shut off.
It came at a particularly bad time for Bend fire crews as they were busy with a number of other fire and medical calls. They had to call in assistance from the nearby Redmond Fire Department to respond to the "smoking" house.
Officials did not say if any actions would be taken against the homeowner, whose identity was not released by officials. It is not known why the occupants of the home had the smoke generating machine, or what it was being used for.