Another Mid-Columbia Building Burns Due to Doghouse Heat Lamp
The major industrial building fire in Sunnyside a week ago Friday was believed to have started from a heat lamp used to warm a dog house, now a home in Pasco has gone up in flames apparently the same way.
Pasco police say Sunday morning a house in the 4600 block of West Sylvester sustained significant damage from a fire that began in a heated doghouse.
Fire and police responded around 2:30 am and found the fire in the attic. Fortunately no one was injured, and although the house is uninhabitable until repaired, the family has relatives next door and and stay there.
Police say the fire began in a heated dog house, the heat lamp triggered the blaze, which traveled up the wall and into the attic of the dwelling.
Authorities say while it's important to keep animals warm this winter, people need to make sure their heat sources will not potentially cause a fire, especially one that could spread to the family home.