Benton County Deputies and fire crews (and the family) say it was likely dogs that helped prevent a possible tragedy.

Early Saturday morning, crews responded to a fire call in the 500 block of Cora Lane in Benton City, and found a family's large shed completely engulfed in flames.

The family members told crews they were alerted when their dogs began barking loudly and making a serious fuss. They looked outside and saw the shed burning up, and the flames getting dangerously close to their home. Fortunately crews were able to extinguish the blaze and the home was not damaged.

No one was injured in the incident, fire crews have not said what triggered the fire, but it's likely it would have spread to the home if the dogs had not awakened the family.

More From 870 AM KFLD