Inslee Press Conference to Announce New Vaccination Plan
According to a release Monday morning, Jan. 18, Gov. Inslee is going to announce at 3PM some changes to vaccination plans:
"Gov. Jay Inslee will address the media today via streaming video and telephone to announce a series of changes to vaccine administration and unveil a new statewide public-private partnership for the state's vaccine distribution plan.
The governor will be joined by:
- Dr. Umair Shah, secretary, Department of Health
- Jane Hopkins, RN, executive vice president, SEIU 1199NW
- Brad Smith, president, Microsoft
- Kevin Johnson, CEO, Starbucks
- Susan Mullaney, president, Kaiser Permanente Washington
- Rogelio Riojas, president and CEO, SeaMar Community Health Centers
Nick Streuli, executive director of external affairs, and Michele Roberts, acting assistant secretary of prevention and community health, will be available for media Q&A. "
The revealing of a public-private partnership for vaccine distribution is by itself rather benign, not unusual, but what caught our eye was the inclusion of Microsoft and Starbucks officials. What does a coffee company have to do with vaccine distribution?
We will monitor this and report what transpires.