34 State Agencies — Including Lottery — Will Close July 1 If No Budget Passed
According to the Washington State Office of Financial Management, some 34 state agencies will close if a budget is not approved by July 1.
According to state sources, some 3,000 of the state's 8,000 corrections officers will be furloughed, all state parks will close and those campground reservations you've made will be cancelled.
Funding for GPS tracking of sex offenders will stop, state lottery sales will be suspended, and unemployment offices (Worksource) will close.
This is only if a budget is not reached by June 30.
- State Early Learning Program-complete shutdown
- Employment security (unemployment checks would continue, but Worksource offices close).
- Fish and Wildlife-partial shutdown (suspension of fish and wildlife enforcement activities, fish hatchery operations, and certain sport and commercial fisheries).
- Department of Health - partial shutdown (suspension of HIV client services, WIC nutrition program, license applications).
- Liquor Control Board -complete shutdown
- Lottery Services-complete shutdown (all sales of Washington Lottery tix would stop).
- Parks Department - complete shutdown (ALL state parks would be closed).