A huge plume of smoke from the southwest Wednesday was the result of an open field fire set by 3 male juveniles who were playing with Roman candles.

Benton County Deputies now say the three have been identified and interviewed, apparently their parents saw the reports and questioned them.

They were spotted by witnesses, then leaving the area near Grandview Lane and Summit View just off I-82 about four miles southwest of the CC Mall.  Benton County fire units were able to contain the blaze before any damage could be done to nearby homes.

No word as to what specific charges will be levied, but often it can include fines involving the cost of fighting the fire.

More From 870 AM KFLD