Forgotten Cigarette Torches Benton City Garage
A man who was working in a garage on property he was renting learned a tough lesson about cigarettes: Don't forget about them.
Around 10:45pm Thursday night, Benton County Fire District crews and Deputies responded to a home near 11th and Delta Streets for a detached garage fire. It seems the man had been working in the building (luckily not attached to the home) and had set down his cigarette. He left the garage for a bit, and forgot it was still lit.
He returned a short time later, but found the building was fully engulfed in flames. Fortunately, crews were able to beat down the fire and prevent the garage from being a total loss, but there was a significant amount of damage. Luckily, the man was not hurt.