KSD Releases “Mandatory” Health Screening Requirements
Kennewick school officials have released a list of questions they say parents "must" ask their child prior to returning to in-person school.
The email released was titled "
"Daily Health Screenings/Attestations"
The list serves as an "attestation," or acknowledgement that the child is symptom free of any potential signs they have have COVID. The email read as follows:
"Each day that students attend in-person classes at their school, parents/guardians must conduct a COVID-19 health screening. The screening must happen BEFORE the child boards a school bus or engages in any school activity located on or off Kennewick School District property.
Ask These Questions Each Day Your Child Attends In-Person Classes
By sending your child to school, you attest that the answer to every question is “no."
If you answer “yes” to any question, you are required to keep your child home.
1. Is your child currently waiting for a COVID-19 test result?
2. Since your student’s last day of school or visit to a school facility, has your student experienced:
- Any Class A Symptoms OR
- 2 or more Class B Symptoms OR
- 1 or more Class B Symptoms lasting more than 24 hours
Class A Symptoms:
- Fever (100.4 or over)
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Class B Symptoms:
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhea (2 or more loose stools in 24 hours)
3. Within the last 14 days, has your student been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) with anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19?"
For more details or information on this, click on the button below.