Log Falls From Woodstove, Burns Through Floor and Then Home
Fire crews say nobody was home Sunday afternoon, and nobody was hurt, but a Finley family is facing likely a lot of repairs after a log fell out of a woodstove.
Around 3pm, Benton County Fire District 1 crews were called to a home near Gerards and Bowles Roads after smoke was seen billowing from the home. Turns out, a burning log had fallen from a woodstove inside the home, possibly the door was not secured.
The log burned through the floor, then into the crawspace, igniting more of the home. It's not yet known the total damage to the home.