North Franklin-Whitman County State Legislators Town Hall Coming 2-22
The 9th Legislative District, geographically, is one of the biggest in the state, if not THE biggest.
It includes northern Franklin County, part of Adams, and a big chunk of western Whitman County. The three state reps are planning a citizen Town Hall-Open House on February 22nd. The District also includes parts of Spokane, Garfield, and Asotin Counties.
It is also one of the most staunch conservative-Republican dominated Districts in the entire state.
MEETING WILL BE DONE VIA ZOOM
State Senator Mark Schoessler (R-Ritzville) and House Reps Mary Dye (R-Pomeroy) and Joe Schmick (R-Colfax) will be holding the virtual meeting from 6:30PM to 8 PM. According to the information about the event:
"During the town hall meeting, the 9th District legislative team will discuss several issues, including:
- The Democrats' mandatory long-term care insurance tax.
- The state's $8.8 billion surplus, including $2.2 billion in reserves and $1.2 billion in unspent federal stimulus.
- Whether the majority party will allow for any meaningful tax relief.
- Updates to last year's failed law enforcement reform bills.
- Emergency powers reform."
The meeting will also allow citizens to give their concerns, comments, and opinions on what's being proposed and voted on in Olympia, as well as other topics.
Registration is REQUIRED for the event, anyone who lives-votes in the 9th District is encouraged to sign up. Click on the button below for the registration address and more information.