Squirrel Responsible for Brush Fire? Well, He Was ‘Smoking’
Grant County fire crews were quick to the scene of a brush fire on the edges of Potholes State Park Thursday, according to Grant County Sheriffs.
Officials say the fire burned less than an acre, but is an example of how dry conditions are. Reportedly a squirrel came in contact with a transformer or power line, got himself fried, and a spark or small series of sparks triggered this fire.
It was brought under control, but underscores the high fire danger all over Eastern WA. All it takes is one spark, or one 'smoking' squirrel, and you have a brush fire.