A popular and iconic eatery in Moses Lake suffered extensive fire damage over the weekend.

Chico's Pizza was gutted due to a fire on Saturday night. A pizza oven caught on fire during dinner services but luckily employees and customers got to safety.

According to the Chico's owners posting on Facebook

"Fortunately our manager was able to get everyone out to safety. We just had our hoods and fire extinguishers were just checked. I expect the damage will keep us closed for the foreseeable future. We will be open as soon as repairs are finished."

You can check out more details and photos on the fire here