Mid-Columbia Primary Election Results – Voter Turnout Poor
Some important local races were narrowed down after Tuesday's primary election.
Here's the results of the primary, with each race and how the candidates faired:
- Kennewick Public Hospital District Commissioner Position 4
- Don Campbell, 42% of vote, Victor V. Johnson, 33%, and Rick Fehr 23%
- Benton City Mayor
- Lloyd R. Carnahan, 39.01% of vote, Linda Lehman, 38.46%, Steve Zetz, 19.23% and Cecelia Hickel, 3%
- City of Kennewick, City Council Position 6 at-large:
- Paul Parish 48% of vote, Diane Crawford, 31%, Ed Pecheco, 19.6%
- City of West Richland, Council positions 1 and 6 went to Byron Martin, and Scott Whalen.
- And in the Richland School District races for Director positions 4 and 5, Brendan Amadan and Phyllis Strickler won by margins of 5 and ten percent respectively.
However, voter turnout was not impressive. In Benton County alone, just over 12,000 out of over 91,732 registered voters returned their ballots.