Woman Leads Fight to Get Controversial Gun Ban Lifted
If she can get at least 300K signatures on petitions, this attempted repeal of a controversial gun ban could be on the ballot.
Radona Devereaux has been distributing petitions and gaining help from other gun advocates in an attempt to overturn I-1639. That's the controversial, and some say unconstitutional ban, on semi-automatic rifle sales to anyone under the age of 21. The bill, which was worded in a confusing manner, did pass last fall, but most of the support came from Seattle and King County where a strong anti-gun lobby exists.
It also piled on additional restrictions for overall gun sales, more backround checks and red tape. Now, Devereaux and others are seeking to place an initiative on the ballot next fall that would overturn it. She has until December 28th of this year to obtain the signatures.
Places where the petition can be found and signed include:
- Ace Pawn and Loan, 429 W Entiat Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336
- B & B Express Printing, 7519 W Kennewick Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Columbia Gun Rack, 314 W Kennewick Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Ed & Moe's Pawn Shop, 419 W Entiat Ave Suite C, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Griggs Department Store: 801 W Columbia St, Pasco, WA 99301
- Hole in the Wall, 7509 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Talos Tactical, 4096 W Van Giesen St, West Richland, WA 99353